Life with Luke

.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

WE'RE PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!

ok, I'm new to the whole blogging world but I think I've figured it all out... This is something I wanted to start to keep our family and friends updated!! so here goes....
October 2, 2010
Wow!! I don’t even know where to begin!! Today is one of the happiest days of my life- just found out.....I’M PREGNANT!!!!!!!!  Kyle was still at work (b/c he was letting me sleep late- aww what a sweet husband) and I couldn’t wait any longer. I had to find out what the reason was for being 10 days late (and well the majorly, painful boobs!) So about 8:15 I took the test and waited for the LONGEST 3 minutes of my life and finally got the courage to look.. and… it said….. “PREGNANT”- omgosh pregnant?!?!?! So my nerves got the best of me and I started gagging… while calling the new daddy-to-be to tell him to hurry home!
When Kyle finally got home I had the pregnancy test sitting on the counter with a sweet little sticky note under that said “I LOVE YOU DADDY”.  He saw it and said “Really?!?!” “for real?!”  he was so excited!!!
Of course we were ready to shout it to the world but we knew we had to tell the parents first!! Since my mom was in New Orleans, and wouldn't be back till later that evening, we had to wait to tell her and my dad. Kyle wanted to call his mom and I said no, we can’t call- this has to be done in person! So he calls Ms. Sheila and tells her we’re going to come out to her house for lunch (and of course she loves to cook for her kids) So off to Pelahatchie we went!  We stopped to pick Kris up also  b/c well it’s mom’s for lunch( who can pass that up?!)  When we got there we went into the kitchen where Ms. Sheila was finishing up cooking and Kyle told her “that’s not going to be enough food” her reply- “why not?” Kyle- “b/c you’ve got and extra one to feed” Ms Sheila- “really?!!!!” and of course Kris- “REALLY?! (with a shocked look on his face)” and Mr. Ralph “congratulations” with a smile on his face!! Followed by a lot of hugging!!!! Of course lunch was DELICIOUS!! –baby’s first lunch- meatloaf, butterbeans, creamed corn, fried okra, cornbread and sweet tea = happy mama and baby ; )
FINALLY after waiting the whole day my mom was finally home and we could go over to her house to tell her and dad!! So beforehand, I went to Wal-Mart and got a cute “grandkids” picture frame and then went to CVS to print off the picture of the pregnancy test.. I put the picture in the frame and headed to their house… I had butterflies the whole car ride there! When we walked in, mom and dad were standing in the kitchen and I told them I had something for them… after a couple seconds of mom looking at it she realized what it was and started crying! She wanted to know “details”.. really, mom?? Details???! Haha!  Dad was pretty shocked , to say the least. He was just standing there and mom asked him what he thought and he said “I really don’t know what to think about this” (with a  huge grin on his face! Then of course more hugging and more hugging and more.. well everyone knows my mom!! ; )
Me, Kyle, Kris and Kristen had plans to go out to eat and bowl so we left mom and dad’s house to go eat at Mellow Mushroom (baby likes pizza ; )   ) then went bowling. I was scared to bowl thinking that it may be harmful but after some research on the internet, I learned that there are women 6-9 months pregnant that are on bowling leagues.. So I picked the lightest ball (6 lbs) and only bowled one round (baby’s first bowling trip!!)
What a big day for us!! About 11:00 Kyle and I decided it was time to go home (neither one of us could hold our eyes open any longer.) So home we went to crashed!!!
A GREAT day for the Upchurch family!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment