Life with Luke

.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

OCTOBER 10, 2010

October 10, 2010
 
Well it has been a busy few days! Kyle and I took some vacation time off from work Thursday and Friday and it was anything but a vacation! Don’t get me wrong though- it was great to spend time together, just the two of us.  We went to the fair Thursday and ate all that fried, bad for you food-the baby made me do it  ; ).  Friday morning we got up early and set out in search of a daycare—wow- that was interesting! I had no idea just how expensive it is.. the cheapest we found was $120 a week and the most expensive was $146 a week.  We have narrowed it down to two (Miss Mandy’s and Sunshine).. we’re just going to wait and see who calls first and go from there. They said there probably won’t be an opening until first of August… Which isn’t too bad since we will need it mid July- I’m sure we can work something out for 2 extra weeks…
We picked Ashlyn up from her school in Decatur and it was so hard not to tell her! I know she’s going to be so excited and is going to be the best big sister!! We are waiting to tell her after we go to our first doctor appointment and get a sonogram and know that everything is ok....
 
Saturday was a big day for us – we took Ashlyn to the fair for her first time (Kris and Kade went also) and she had a BLAST!!  Kyle rode the Tilt-A-Whirl (or the “shells” as Ashlyn called it) with her and he said it was the greatest thing in the world to be riding it with her while she screamed and couldn’t quit smiling!!  It’s the little things in life…
Of course you can’t go to the fair without getting an extra long corndog and that’s just what Ashlyn got- she ate the whole thing and LOVED it!!  After three and half hours we were exhausted so we came home and crashed!  
 
Mom was at the Coast with for Jessica’s wedding and I talked to Aunt Jodi on speaker phone- before I could even get the big news out she kept saying “oh my gosh you’re pregnant.. oh my gosh”.. needless to say, Aunt Jodi was thrilled!! I then told Uncle Brad and he was excited too (as excited as a man can get haha) I can’t wait for my lil “caterpillar” to meet Aunt Jodi and Uncle Brad! Christmas time will definitely be entertaining!!
 
I’m still feeling okay but have developed some major cravings- hopefully these won’t last the whole time or else I’m going to be in trouble. I have craved McDonald’s cheeseburger and fries- A LOT!  I did have a craving for some cheese dip and Tostitos so Kyle, being the best hubby ever, got up and went to the store to get me cheese dip- thanks honey.. I LOVE YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment