Life with Luke

.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

OCTOBER 3, 2010

October 3,2010
 
So the newness is still here!! I still can’t believe I’m PREGNANT!!! After making an early morning restroom trip (b/c this thing the size of a grain of rice is right on my bladder I’m pretty sure) I got back in the bed to sleep some more –thank goodness I still had a little while longer before church time! If you notice the date then you all know where Kyle was headed after church (yep- deer camp!)  So off he went to Durant (and I must admit I was little emotional (gee I have no idea why) and was sad that he was leaving b/c I was still wanting to celebrate! But we could really use some more deer meat in the freezer so that’s the ONLY reason I let him go ; )
So while Kyle was gone to deer camp mom and I went to tell Nana and Papa the news.. Mom had some things from New Orleans for Nana to look at, so we snuck the pregnancy test in the frame picture in with the other stuff Nana was looking at!  Well it took Nana several times to figure out what it was ( I think she thought it was mom’s test hahahh –yikes!) Anyway, Nana finally heard mom say it was mine not hers. Then came the tears, and the mouth wide open and “oh my garsh”- I had the camera snapping the whole time and the pictures are absolutely pricesless!!!!! We were laughing so hard we had tears rolling! Thanks, Nana!!! : )
Then there was Papa and, bless his heart, he had no clue what was going on. After Nana telling him what it was he literally put his hand up and swatted it and said “oh no” hahahah I don’t think my Papa was ready for this news!!
Afterwards I had to make a grocery trip to get some healthy, nutritious food for this little butterbean! I loaded up on strawberries, bananas, cantaloupe, yogurt, broccoli, carrots, oatmeal, wheat bread and soup… well that’s a start anyway, until I get an appointment with the doctor to get a “list” of what’s good and not so good!
Finally home for a quiet, lazy evening with my girls! Looks like it’s going to be a soup and grilled cheese sandwich night!!
Oh and about 9:00 tonight my best friend Kimberly called to tell me she was bringing me the book  “What to Expect When Expecting” and when she got here she had a baby journal to ready daily and write in and the cutest pumpkin bucket filled with cute little forks spoons and bowls! She is the sweetest and has the biggest heart of anyone I know! I’m so lucky to have such a great friend! My excitement just keeps growing!!!  “thank you Aunt Kimberly” (from baby Upchurch)
Things Aunt Kimberly has already gotten.... no, this baby isn't going to be spoiled!!




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment